The Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, San Antonio are committed to having a heart for God and living a life for others. We invite you to join with us in that commitment by submitting a project for our consideration.
Women are at the heart of their communities. The demands women face each day are many as are the challenges they encounter. For women living in economic poverty, the resources they need to succeed are often beyond their reach. These include education, economic opportunity, personal safety, healthcare and social services. By working with women, how can you make a difference in their lives and in the lives of those who are part of their communities?
The purpose of this initiative is to provide funding to develop and implement a project to serve economically poor women.
These projects should incorporate:
- Provide direct services for women; or
- Advocate for policy change on an issue that directly impacts women
Funds may be used for project expenses such as:
- Supplies, and goods to be distributed to women
- Resource materials for women and/or advocacy
- Office supplies
- Travel stipends
- Food/beverages for events
Funds MAY NOT be used for:
- Student salaries or student stipends
- Tuition assistance
- A team of students may apply. A faculty member who will serve as a mentor must endorse the application and the High School Principal/University President must also approve the application prior to submission
- 2021 Awardees may reapply this year for a grant
- Teams may reapply with the same project as last year
The eligible educational institutions are:
- Incarnate Word Academy
- Incarnate Word High School
- St. Anthony High School
- University of the Incarnate Word
- Three grants in the amount of $1,650 each will be provided in the United States to 3 teams of students/faculty mentor from three eligible Secondary Schools/High Schools
- A $5,000 grant will be provided in the United States to a team of students/faculty mentor from the University of the Incarnate Word with funding distribution to be determined by UIW leadership
Read more about the 2021 Grant on our blog:
This project involved empowering women who have suffered domestic violence in an area in the northern part of Peru. This area is a desert landscape...
Submitted with the goal to improve the lives of women suffering from family violence and abuse and very low self-esteem, this project provides...
This project connects the local parish in Escalerillas, Mexico, with the indigenous community and is aimed at building self-esteem for the...
The start date is September 12th and the closing date is November 12th, 2022.
Results: December 12th, 2022.
Here we offer you a gallery of some of our Sisters that can help and inspire you in the development of your project. Discover them, get inspired, let yourself be accompanied by our experts in living a life for others.
“The house does not rest upon the ground, but upon a woman.”