2023 – 2024
The Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word is committed to having a heart for God and living a life for others. We invite you to join with us in that commitment by submitting a project for consideration as part of our second-year, special initiative entitled “Sisters Supporting Women for a Better World.”
Women are at the heart of their communities. The demands women face each day are many as are the challenges they encounter. For women living in economic poverty, the resources they need to succeed are often beyond their reach. These include education, economic opportunity, personal safety, healthcare and social services. By working with women, how can you make a difference in their lives and in the lives of those who are part of their communities?
“La casa no se reclina sobre la tierra, sine sobre una mujer” (proverbio mexicano)
“The house does not rest upon the ground, but upon a woman.” (Mexican proverb)
The purpose of this third year initiative is to provide funding to develop and implement a project by students at our educational ministries to serve economically poor women.
These projects should incorporate:
- Provide direct services for women; or
- Advocate for policy change on an issue that directly impacts women
Funds may be used for project expenses such as:
- Supplies, and goods to be distributed to women
- Resource materials for women and/or advocacy
- Office supplies
- Travel stipends
- Food/beverages for events
Funds MAY NOT be used for:
- Student salaries or student stipends
- Tuition assistance
- A team of students numbering between 2-7 may apply for the recognition grant. A faculty member who will serve as a mentor must endorse the application and the High School Principal/University President must also approve the application prior to submission.
- Grant winners from last year are encouraged to reapply if their grant requires additional assistance, or with a new grant request.
- Schools which received a prior grant two years in a row for a similar project are asked to submit an application for a new project for 2023-24.
The eligible educational institutions are:
- Incarnate Word Academy
- Incarnate Word High School
- St. Anthony High School
- University of the Incarnate Word
- We are also inviting our High Schools and Universities in Mexico to participate. In Peru, a local project will include the involvement of a Sister of Charity of the Incarnate Word.
Funding for eleven projects totaling $20,950 this year will be given as follows:
- 4 grants of $1,250 will be awarded in Mexico to students/teams of students from each of our 8 eligible secondary schools.
- 3 grants of $1,650 each will be awarded in the United States to students/teams of students from each of our 3 eligible secondary schools.
- 2 $2,500 grants will be awarded in Mexico to a student/team of students from an eligible university.
- One $5,000 grant will be awarded in the United States to a student/team of students from the University of the Incarnate Word (San Antonio).
- One $1,000 grant will be given to a project in Peru involving a CCVI Sister.
Project applications will be accepted beginning Friday, September 29, 2023, and the due date for all project submissions is Sunday, November 12, 2023. Winning grants will be announced on Tuesday, December 12, 2023.
Approved projects will be implemented beginning January 1, 2024 through June 30, 2024.
Progress Reports are requested by the end of June, 2024, or earlier if the grant is completed. Additional information and forms will be provided at a later date.
BACKGROUND: In 2021, the Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, began a special grant initiative entitled “Sisters...
May 2, 2023, Sr. Eileen O’Keeffe, CCVI and several Incarnate Word Academy students boarded the Red Knight Express to deliver many boxes of personal...
The Congregation of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word is committed to having a heart for God and living a life for others. Our CCVI...
Here we offer you a gallery of some of our Sisters that can help and inspire you in the development of your project. Discover them, get inspired, let yourself be accompanied by our experts in living a life for others.
“The house does not rest upon the ground, but upon a woman.”