The 86th Legislature of the State of Texas held a proclamation congratulating CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System on its 150th anniversary year and recognizing its significant contribution to the State of Texas as a leader and provider of quality, faith-based compassionate healthcare.
In the proclamation, the thousands of nurses, doctors, Associates and volunteers who serve their communities were honored for their commitment to the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System mission of “extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ”.
An official copy was prepared for CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System as an expression of high regard by the Texas House of Representatives and Senate.
In 1869, three Catholic Sisters left their families and native country of France and traveled to San Antonio, Texas to answer a call to care for victims of a deadly cholera outbreak.
The Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word opened Santa Rosa Infirmary, the origins of today’s CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System.
Today, a century and a half later, the infirmary, now known as CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System and The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, has grown and expanded to meet new health care needs of diverse populations throughout the South Texas region.
Read more about its history on https://www.christushealth.org/santa-rosa/about/history